Coverdash, Inc. (“Coverdash”) offers freelancers, e-commerce merchants, and all small business owners tailored insurance solutions and instant coverage
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us.
If you are a visitor to a Coverdash website or insurance experience via an affinity partner for any reason (including for purposes of obtaining a free trial) or a Coverdash customer who registers or signs into a website maintained by Coverdash, we may obtain various types of information from you concerning your access device through the Services. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following information that can itself be used to identify you and allow the holder to contact you:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, phone number, and email address.
- Business personal information, such as your FEIN number, employment details, revenue information and payroll information.
- Payment and transactional data needed to process your application or collect any fees or premiums associated with your application through the Services (including name, payment card information, bank account number, billing information), and your purchase history. This information is processed directly by our third-party payment processors. We do not store any payment card information.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with those communications.
Third party sources.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Affinity partners, who can provide your name, phone, number, email, and other relevant business information.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
Automatic Data Collection
We may automatically log information about your interactions with our Services and communications, such as:
- Device data, such as computer or mobile device operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens viewed, how long you spend on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to our website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them. We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor's device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on the device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Service delivery, including to:
- Fulfill your requests for selecting and purchasing insurance offers;
- Provide, operate, and improve our Services and our business;
- Process your payments and complete transactions with you;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide support, and respond to requests, questions, and feedback.
- Market our affinity partners services that cater to your specific business needs.
- Research and development, including to:
- Develop new features, products, and services; and
- Create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data or analytics
- Direct marketing and advertising. We and our advertising partners may use personal information for marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct Marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including notifying you of special promotions and offers. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
- Affinity Marketing: We may send you direct marketing on behalf of our affinity partners to advertise their services and products. The services and products that are marketed to you will be tailored to your assumed business needs based on our most current affinity relationships.
- Compliance and protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your, or others' rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Brokers. Appointed brokers may have access to your personal information in order to assist in the submission and completion of your applications, or to jointly offer content, promotions, and other service offerings with us.
- Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, database management systems, email delivery, payment processors, and website analytics services).
- Advertising partners. We may share your personal information with third party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
- Affinity Partners. We may share your personal information with our affinity partners in order for them to advertise their services to you.
- Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
- Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, USL or our affiliates (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Access to information. To keep your information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
- Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the emails you receive from us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser:
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt-outs. Some third-party ad networks, including third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms, allow you to opt-out directly by using their opt-out tools. Some of these providers, and links to their opt-out tools, are:
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Other Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following mailing address:
Coverdash, Inc.1235 Broadway, New York, NY 10001